08 Nov GMU NAEA STUDENT CHAPTER EXHIBITION- CALL FOR ENTRIES- CELEBRATING THE IDENTITY OF ART EDUCATORS BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
The George Mason University National Art Education Association (GMU NAEA) Student Chapter is excited to announce an online Call for Entry for the exhibition The Identity of Art Educators Beyond the Classroom 2023. The exhibition will be held January 6th – February 25th at the NAEA headquarters in Alexandria, VA. Pieces that explore and reveal an art educator’s identity, interests, and artistic endeavors beyond the classroom are acceptable for this exhibition. Attached are the information sheet and details on submission eligibility.
GMU’s NAEA Student Chapter Exhibition
Information Sheet 2022-23
– The Identity of Art Educators Beyond the Classroom –
This exhibition aims to address the multifaceted identity of art educators in relation to their field of work. Hosted by George Mason University’s National Art Education Association student chapter (GMU NAEA), this exhibition asks prospective and current art teachers to share works that delve into their perception of their identity beyond the classroom. This exhibition celebrates the artistic endeavors of art educators outside the teaching lens, highlighting the multifaceted nature of educators. This exhibition also celebrates the intellectual and creative diversity that our student chapter members contribute to the local art teaching climate. As a preservice division, GMU’s NAEA student chapter is dedicated to promoting and supporting the highest possible degree of quality educational instruction in the MAT (Master of Arts in Teaching) program.
To qualify for this exhibition, you MUST be either a current due-paying member of GMU’s NAEA student chapter or a past due-paying alumni.
- Wednesday, January 25th, 2023, at 11:59pm – Online application form for artist submissions is due
- Monday, January 30th – Jurying results emailed to applicants
- January 31st– February 2nd – drop off selected works. Dates subject to change and Times TBD. Additional information will be emailed to the artist selected.
- Monday, February 6th – Friday, February 24th – In-person and digital exhibition on view.
- In-person exhibition: National Art Education Association (NAEA), 901 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- On-line gallery address TBD
- Saturday, February 25th from 5-7pm- Exhibition Closing Reception. Refreshments will be provided and invited guest speakers will discuss the ideas behind this exhibition. Deinstallation will begin at 7pm, and students will have until 9pm to collect their work(s) from the gallery.
Each student is allowed to submit up to three works to be considered for selection. The showcase is open to all forms of mediums and materials only if they are carefully photographed/ documented for submission. If your work is exceptionally large in size, or involves complex setup systems,
Please prepare the following formation before submitting your application here: https://form.jotform.com/223004191634143
- Your First and Last Name
- Student email address
- Phone Number
- Your current stage in the MAT program at GMU
- Your expected date of graduation
- An image of your artwork(s) (you can submit up to three different artworks)- 1200 pixels max in the longest dimension (accepted formats include jpg or png for images, Vimeo.com links for videos, and/or Issuu.com links for books/design)
- A thumbnail image or video still of your artwork(s)- 228 x 168 pixels (w x h) (accepted formats include jpg or png for images)
- Title of the artwork(s)
- Medium(s) (Example: graphite, watercolor, digital, clay and fabric, etc.)
- Dimensions of Artwork(s) (listed H x W x D)
- Artist Bio 100-word limit: Please compose, proofread, and check your word count before copying and pasting into this field
- Artist statement (Include a brief description of how your work represents the theme “Identity of art educators outside of teaching”) 50-word limit: Please compose, proofread, and check your word count before copying and pasting into the application form
- Optional personal website and/or social media
For additional image formatting questions or other inquiries please contact Caroline Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org or Katerina Forrest at email@example.com.
- As a preservice division, GMU’s NAEA student chapter is dedicated to promoting and supporting the highest possible degree of quality educational instruction in the MAT (Master of Arts in Teaching) program.
- Instagram: @gmunaea
- Facebook: GMU NAEA Student Chapter
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.