Advising Appointment Scheduling
AVT MAJORS: Scheduling Advising
Click the image below.
NON-AVT MAJORS: Scheduling Advising
- Click on the green “GMU SSC Campus” login button or use this link: https://gmu.campus.eab.com/
- Enter your netID and password
- Submit and confirm your password sharing preference before clicking on “Accept.”
- Click “Schedule your advising appointment” on the top right
- Select Advising Outside of College
- Select the service you need (declare/change major/minor, minor advising, etc.)
- Select School of Art as the location
- Select the advisor
- Choose the day and time of your appointment
- Add comments and your cell number for a text reminder (optional)
- Click Confirm Appointment. You will receive confirmation and reminder email
For all questions, configuration concerns and feedback, please contact SSCHelp@gmu.edu.
All other inquiries please contact School of Art main office firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation of Appointments
Situations arise that may create a need to cancel/reschedule an appointment. You can cancel/reschedule your appointment through the online system, e-mailing email@example.com or calling (703) 993-8898. We ask you respect the advisor’s time by canceling appointments two hours in advance.
During peak advising periods, appointment times are at a premium. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you need to reschedule through the online system.
If you do cancel an appointment two hours in advance, your absence will be noted as a “no-show.” Advisors will then give priority to students who keep their appointment times. Repeat offenders will not be able to schedule appointments until the end of the peak-advising season.
Preparing for your Advising Appointment
- Be on time so the time during the advising appointment can be utilized efficiently!
- Be prepared to discuss and explore course options, address academic problems or concerns, and make decisions about the upcoming semester.
- Make a list of potential courses for the next semester you are interested in taking.
- Explore your Degree Evaluation in PatriotWeb.
- Make sure you arrive for your appointment on time.
- Be prepared to take notes.