15 Feb Vote for Academic Advisor of the Year
It’s the time of year to begin accepting student nominations for the V. Ann Lewis Academic Advisor of the Year Award. This award is designed to recognize excellence in undergraduate academic advising and reward a dedicated Mason advisor with a stipend, gift package, and the title of Academic Advisor of the Year. This is the 17th year an academic advisor will be recognized for excellent work in the field of academic advising.
More about the award:
The purpose of this award is to recognize excellence in advising across the Mason community and to show our appreciation of the academic advising community. In 2020, the Academic Advisor of the Year Award was named after V. Ann Lewis in recognition of Ann’s impact on the academic advising community during her 23 years working at Mason.
The advisor who receives this award:
- Demonstrates a caring, helpful attitude toward students
- Provides accurate information regarding university academic requirements
- Is available to students
- Creates an inclusive and welcoming environment for all students
- Makes appropriate referrals
- Has a firm knowledge of Mason regulations, policies, and procedures
- Supports student development
The nomination process is open today, Monday, February 15, thru Monday, March 8 at 11:59pm.