21 Sep Mason/ NOVA Juried Exhibition
Exhibition Prospectus: 2020 challenged the global community in unique ways. There was fear, confusion and the loss of human contact and connection. But throughout this global test of humanity there was also inspiration, innovation and the discovery of new ways to connect, new ways to be a community. Rewire acknowledges the many ways our daily lives have changed while celebrating the new discoveries made during turbulent times. From the increased need for digital connection to personal revelations all artwork addressing change or growth will be considered.
Currently enrolled NOVA and Mason students. Artwork from First year or Second year students or work created in 100-200 level courses.
- October 13th: Submissions Due by midnight
- October 21st and October 22nd from 10 AM to 5 PM: Artwork Drop off at Gillespie Gallery of Art at George Mason University, School of Art & Design Building
- October 23rd from 10 AM to 5PM: Install Exhibition
- October 25th – November 3rd: Exhibition on view
- November 3rd from 5 PM to 7 PM: Closing Reception (Exhibition award winners will be announced)
- November 4th: Pickup Work and Deinstall at Gillespie Gallery of Art at George Mason University, School of Art & Design Building
- Want to volunteer at the gallery? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to help install this exhibition.
- First Place Juror’s Award- $150 prize
- Second Place Juror’s Award – $100 prize
- People’s Choice award- $100 prize – selected by exhibition viewers who digitally vote for their favorite piece!
- Both Gallery and Online exhibition
- 100 – 200 level work only
- Students should have completed work in last year or two
- Limit to 1 work submission per student
- Work ready to hang
- No repeats from last year’s NOVA/Mason exhibition please
- Clear Photograph of Work Needed for Submission.
- 2D Work should be evenly lit, hung on wall, free of distracting elements
- 3D Work should be evenly lit against distraction free background
- Fill out Submission form prior to artwork drop-off
Please prepare the following information before submission here:
- Your First and Last Name
- Your Major
- NOVA or Mason:
- Student email address
- Phone Number
- Your artwork
- Images: 1200 pixels max in the longest dimension (accepted formats include jpg or png for images)
- For Video work: 1920 x 1080 / Resolution: 1280 x 720 / mp4 file/ H. 264 encoded
- For Book Designs: PDF files
- A thumbnail image or video still of your artwork- 228 x 168 pixels (w x h) (accepted formats include jpg or png for images)
- Title of the artwork
- Medium (Example: graphite, watercolor, digital, clay and fabric, etc.)
- Dimensions of Artwork (listed H x W x D)
- Optional description of how your work represents the Rewire theme (50-word limit: Please compose, proofread, and check your word count before copying and pasting into the application form.)
For additional image formatting questions or other inquiries please contact Jessica Gardner at email@example.com or Rachel Debuque at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.