06 Oct Manassas Mall seeks Muralists!
Manassas Mall Mural Opportunity
Each mural will be 12′ tall x 24′ long. Chosen artists will be paid a stipend for their work. All supplies will be provided by Manassas Mall and Murals at Mason.
Submissions should be vibrant, positive, and make a good “selfie spot” for mall-goers. The mural should exude a feeling of pride for the city, to uplift and speak to the dynamic, multi-cultural community.
Some elements to consider including:
1. The Love & Hope sign by the train station and pavilion in Olde Town Manassas – especially if the artist can somehow incorporate the Love sign as well as the train, pavilion and Manassas water tower.
2. #OurManassas or #MyManassas
3. Diverse representation, multiple languages
4. Phrases like Unity/Unidad, Diversity/Diversidad, Community/Communidad.
5. Speak to the direction that Manassas is going with a rising future – as Prince William County has a growing tech corridor.
See below for reference photos. Deadline to submit is 11:59pm on 10/24
For questions about this opportunity, please contact Yassmin Salem at firstname.lastname@example.org